The Supply Chain can be diverse in any Oil and Gas project, especially when those supply chains enter jurisdictions that are directly affected by international sanctions and trade restrictions.
With the geo-political landscape ever changing, organisations need to continually adapt to the regions they operate in. Of recent, penalties for breaching contractual obligations have increased and are no longer aimed at organisations alone, individuals can and have been subject to custodial sentences for material breaches.
The effect of geo-political sanctions can delay a project significantly if supply chain risk is not identified early in the project lifecycle.
MOS has a unique experience in this field, identifying specific business risks within the supply chain.
MOS Business Intelligence Team understands the complexities of these ever changing factors and our analysts are able to offer:
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Supply Chain Analysis
- The MOS Business Intelligence Teams scrutinise your supplier’s approved vendors to identify supply and demand risks whilst evaluating any implications against the life of your project. MOS has successfully managed this process for a number of high profile and sensitive projects with little impact on core project time or cost.
- Sanctions Specific Threat Analysis
- Our experts at MOS identify any significant issues affecting the supply chain and operations from country specific sanctions in the host nation. Sanctions are a sensitive issue and can have a detrimental effect on supply chain agility and performance, being aware of these risks early on in project conception can prevent significant time delays and costs.
- Politically Exposed Persons and International Sanctions Risk
- Identifying individuals and companies with exposure to international sanctions involving seized or disputed assets can be critical to the execution of the project. Ensuring those entities and people involved in the project supply chain are fully assessed and cleared for use can prevent significant time delays and costs. MOS work within the confines of the law at all times. Our processes are robust, transparent and verified by our legal council before use and our findings are presented in a diplomatic and sensitive manner.
- Supply Chain Mapping
- By clearly identifying all aspects of the supply chain our experts are able to conduct gap analysis to accurately gauge the risk exposure to any particular aspect of your project lifecycle.
- Geo-Political Risk Assessments
- Understanding the environment you are operating in is crucial to success. MOS provide unrivalled insight from within a host nation, increasing our Client’s knowledge and allowing effective, strategic planning and decision making.
- Enduring Risk Management and Audit
- Situational changes, often outside of the control of the client, need to be managed throughout the life of the project. MOS guides our clients through these shifts to ensure the effective delivery of their projects. MOS’s audit teams will highlight any non-conformances within your supplier operations and build surveillance processes to ensure compliance to agreed standards.